Yaesu FT-450D HF/50 MHz Transceivers are compact HF/50 MHz radios with state-of-the-art IF DSP technology in an easy to operate package. New licensees, casual operators, DX chasers, contesters, portable/field enthusiasts, and emergency service providers…these radios are for YOU!
Size of the FT-450D – complete with an automatic antenna tuner – is a compact 9 W by 3.3 H by 8.5 in. deep in a chassis weighing only 8.8 pounds. This lightweight package is designed to be used as a desktop radio at home or in portable or mobile applications.
Enjoy a full 100 watts of RF output on HF bands 160-10 meters plus the 6 meter VHF band. The rugged aluminum die-cast chassis and its thermostatically controlled cooling fan provide a solid foundation for the power amplifier.
FT-450D transceivers include a 10 kHz bandwidth Roofing Filter in the 67.899 MHz 1st IF. This filter provides narrow-band selectivity to protect the following IF and DSP stages.
IF Width and IF Shift features are the primary tools used for best interference reduction. What’s more, Yaesu’s FT-450D Manual Notch Filter is a highly-effective system that slices out an interfering beat tone or signal.
These transceivers include all the RX gain you will need all the way up to 50MHz. For lower HF bands where too much gain can lead to receiver issues, you can easily adjust the gain from the front panel.
Customize your rig to match your voice characteristics for maximum power punch on the bands with the Digital Microphone Equalizer. Plus, you may record and playback up to 20 seconds of audio! A dynamic microphone (MH-31A8J) is included with the transceiver.
Yaesu’s FT 450D comes packed with all the CW operating features one could ever ask for! Just some of the CW features include:
* Narrow CW IF Filters: Terrific CW selectivity is provided by 300-Hz, 500-Hz, and 2.4-kHz CW IF Filters. Nothing extra to buy!
* Built-In Electronic Keyer: The Built-In Electronic Keyer speed is adjustable from 4 to 60 WPM. You will also be able to select your favorite CW weight – Dot-Dash Ratio.
* Spotting (Zero-Beating): The FT 450D Spotting feature will help you get right on frequency with the station you want to call.
* Memory Keyer: Load up the 3 memory channels with information you repeatedly have to send.
* Sidetone Generator: The CW side-tone’s volume and tone is menu adjustable to fit your favorite settings.
* Beacon Function: FT 450D transceiver’s CW Beacon allows up to 118 characters using the CW keyer’s 3 memories.
Additional and exclusive FT-450D features include:
* FT 450D includes a TCXO for incredible frequency stability. No option to buy!
* The rear panel of the FT 450D has a jack dedicated to FSK-RTTY and digital mode operation.
* CAT System allows uploading of factory provided firmware updates as well as computer control of the radio.
* Up to 500 memory channels can be set and separated into as many as 12 Memory Groups. The transceiver includes a number of very useful and versatile Scan function settings.
* Use the FT 450D My Band/My Mode to recall your favorite operating environments. Yaesu did not forget to include CTCSS operator for 10 and 6 meter FM operation.
An important additional feature for visually impaired operators: FT 450D transceivers provide digital voice announcements for frequency select, mode, and meter reading.