Section I – Duties of Officers
- President: It shall be the duties of the President to
- Preside at all Membership Meetings and all Board Meetings.
- Sign official documents of TCARES.
- Represent TCARES to persons and organizations (i.e. local government, media, service clubs).
- Appoint such ‘support’ officers and committees as she / he determines necessary or as directed by the Board.
- Vice President: It shall be the duties of the Vice-President to
- Perform the duties of the President in any absence of the President.
- Organize TCARES activities, recommend & plan contests, maintain close liaison with the Tuolumne ARES EC.
- Secretary: It shall be the duties of the Secretary to
- Perform the duties of the Vice President in the absence of the Vice President.
- Maintain a record of all official TCARES proceedings (meeting minutes).
- Maintain a record of TCARES membership.
- At each Board Meeting read communications sent and received.
- Maintain the official records of TCARES including Articles of Incorporation, Constitution, By-laws, and approved Minutes.
- Bring a copy of the Constitution and the By-laws to each Membership Meeting and each Board Meeting.
- File required non-financial forms, reports, and notices with local, state and federal agencies
- Treasurer: It shall be the duty of the Treasure to:
- Perform the duties of the Secretary in the absence of the Secretary.
- Receive all monies paid to TCARES. He/she may appoint a temperery proxy to collect money at meetings that she/he can’t attend. No one else shall collect money for TCARES.
- Prepare a DRAFT annual budget before December 31 each year (for the following year) for Board deliberation and action.
- Pay all TCARES bills after authorization. Maintain a record of payments along with sufficient substantiating documents or records.
- Maintain an accounting of all income and expenses of TCARES.
- Maintain a current record of the assets of TCARES.
- Provide a written report to the Board at each Board Meeting of the income, expenses, changes to assets, and any anomaly regarding the financial condition or circumstances of TCARES.
- Upon direction by the Board, provide copies of all bank statements as well as other financial records, generated by the Treasurer and/or other organizations.
- File necessary financial reports, notices, forms with local, state, and federal agencies.
- Directors: It shall be the duty of Directors A, B, & C to:
- Be actively engaged in the leadership decisions by regularly attending both Membership Meetings and Board Meetings.
- The duties of these Directors will be determined by the Board.
Section II – Meetings
- Regular Membership Meetings will be held on the third (3rd) Saturday of each month at 9:30 AM at a location designated by the President.. The dates, times and locations may be changed by the Board as needs dictate. All Membership Meetings are open to any person or business interested in amateur radio in general or TCARES in particular.
- Regular Board Meetings will be held on the fourth (4th) Saturday of odd-numbered months at 9:00 AM at the Tuolumne County Library, 480 Greenley Rd., Sonora, CA. The dates, times, and location may be changed by the President or by a majority of the Board. Board Meetings are open to all TCARES members.
Section III – Dues and Assessments
- Dues for Regular Membership are $30.00 per year (July 1 – June 30).
- Dues for Business Membership are $90.00 per year or other considerations determined by the board (July 1 – June 30).
- Dues for Affiliate Membership are $30.00 per year (July 1 – June 30).
- All dues are due and payable on or before July 1 of each year. Dues are delinquent if not paid by August 31 and the individual’s or business’s membership will automatically lapse unless and until such time as the dues are paid.
- The annual dues for one Regular Member shall be sufficient for membership of every eligible individual residing in the same household (typically a married couple, both licensed amateur radio operators, and/or a family with children residing in the same household all of whom are licensed amateur radio operators).
- By majority vote the Board may adjust the annual dues amount and structure.
- Once paid, neither dues nor assessments are refundable.
- One year free membership will be offered to any non-member who passes an ARRL Ham test hosted by TCARES. This may be used only once.
- Members joining as new members in April, May, or June will have their membership extended into the next year.
Section IV – Elections
- The election of Officers will be held annually in November for the officer’s terms expiring in December of that year.
- Officers will assume office on the first day of January immediately following the election.
- The Elections Committee will meet in October to identify qualified candidates to fill the offices expiring that year.
- Any Member may submit a name to the Elections Committee for its consideration provided that the individual nominated has authorized that his or her name be submitted.
- The Elections Committee will present a draft ballot to the President at the Regular Membership Meeting in October with the names of the candidates it recommends be considered. At this Membership Meeting the President will call for nominations from members present of any additional candidates. Any Regular Member who’s name is so nominated and seconded by at least two other members shall have his or her name included on the final ballot if he or she accepts the nomination.
- No Member may be a candidate for more than one (1) office.
- The Elections Committee shall open and tally the ballots befor the annual Christmas Party.
- The Elections Committee shall certify to the Secretary the winner of each office along with the vote tally.
- The President shall announce the election results at the Christmas Party.
Section V – Committees
- Standing committees and their jurisdiction are:
- Audit Committee: The Audit Committee shall be composed of the Vice-President, one Director elected by vote of the Board, and one TCARES member who is not an officer, also elected by vote of the Board. The Audit Committee shall audit the financial condition of TCARES including revenue, expenses, records, etc. It shall conduct an audit every two years, coinciding with the term of office of the Treasurer. It shall also conduct an audit immediately upon the resignation or termination of a Treasurer mid-term. It shall report its findings to the Board at a Meeting of the Board of Directors. All officers, including the Treasurer shall provide necessary support and documents as requested by the Audit Committee for it to perform its duties.
- Amateur Radio Emergency Services (ARES): Tuolumne County ARES is a committee of TCARES. Membership in ARES is voluntary. The selection and appointment of ARES members and officers / leaders shall be established by ARRL ARES rules and regulations. The Tuolumne County ARES Emergency Coordinator (EC) shall report on activities at each Regular Meeting of the Board of Directors.
- Radio Amateur Communications and Emergency Services (RACES): As an element of Tuolumne County OES affiliated with TCARES, the RACES contact shall report on activities at each Regular Meeting of the Board of Directors.
- Elections Committee: The Elections Committee is composed of the Vice President and one member appointed by the President. It’s duties are as delineated elsewhere in the Constitution and the By-Laws.
Section VI – Amendments
Amendments to these By-Laws may be made by a two-thirds (2/3) vote of the Board of Directors at any duly held Board Meeting.