- This event has passed.
Ham Radio FCC Exam Session
March 25 @ 9:00 am – 11:30 am PDT
Contact: Grayson L. Rehn (209) 962-4661
Location: Sonora County Library
480 Greenley Rd
Sonora CA 95370-5956
- Bring a legal photo ID (driver’s license, passport) and a second form of identification:
- birth certificate (must have the appropriate seal)
- social security card
- library card
- utility bill, bank statement or other business correspondence that
specifically names the person; or a postmarked envelope addressed
to the person at his or her current mailing address as it appears on
the Form 605.
- Students/minors may bring any of the above items and/or a school ID, minor’s work permit, report card, or a legal guardian may present a photo ID.
- Your FCC issued Federal Registration Number (FRN); VEC’s are required by the FCC to submit your FRN number with your license application form. For instructions on how to receive a FRN, visit the FCC’s registration instructions page. Please note that some exam teams will only accept a valid FRN on your application. Check with your local exam team before exam day.
- If applicable, bring either a photocopy of your current Amateur Radio license or a reference copy printed out from the FCC website, the license information printed from ARRL website or QRZ website, or the original(s) and photocopy(s) of any Certificates of Successful Completion of Examination (CSCE) you may hold from previous exam sessions. If your license has already been issued by FCC, the CSCE showing license credit is not needed. The photocopy(s) will not be returned.
- Two number two pencils with erasers and a pen.
- A calculator with the memory erased and formulas cleared is allowed.
- You may not bring any written notes or calculations into the exam session.
- Slide rules and logarithmic tables are acceptable, as long as they’re free of notes and formulas.
- Cell phone must be silenced or turned off during the exam session and the phones’ calculator function may not be used.
- In addition, iPhones, iPads, Androids, smartphones, Blackberry devices and all similar electronic devices with a calculator capability, may NOT be used.
- Bring a check or cash to cover the exam session fee of $15.