STEPS TO GET YOUR IS-100.C Certificate
- Get your Free student ID: https://cdp.dhs.gov/femasid
- Take the Free course: https://emilms.fema.gov/IS100c/curriculum/1.html
- Take the Free exam: Take Final Exam Online
(Note, if you previously earned an old version, you may elect to scan this document and take the test when you are ready: DOWNLOAD COURSE MATERIAL)
Course Date 6/25/2018
ICS 100, Introduction to the Incident Command System, introduces the Incident Command System (ICS) and provides the foundation for higher level ICS training. This course describes the history, features and principles, and organizational structure of the Incident Command System. It also explains the relationship between ICS and the National Incident Management System (NIMS). The Emergency Management Institute developed its ICS courses collaboratively with:
- National Wildfire Coordinating Group (NWCG)
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- United States Fire Administration’s National Fire Programs Branch
At the completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Explain the principles and basic structure of the Incident Command System (ICS).
- Describe the NIMS management characteristics that are the foundation of the ICS.
- Describe the ICS functional areas and the roles of the Incident Commander and Command Staff.
- Describe the General Staff roles within ICS.
- Identify how NIMS management characteristics apply to ICS for a variety of roles and discipline areas.
The target audience includes persons involved with emergency planning, and response or recovery efforts.